Monday, August 18, 2008

The Project

The goal: To combine my love for writing and my love for food in one place

The means: This space and Alphabet Fruit's sister blog, On a Lobster Placemat, where I document a daily journal of the food I eat and enjoy

The way: Writing in the format of microfiction, also known as flash fiction, about the photographs of food I post on On a Lobster Placemat

Notes: 
  • Microfiction is generally defined as a piece of fiction between 250 and 1,000 words. 
  • The work housed on this blog is completely fictional.
  • Posting will occur once a week and sometimes biweekly, depending on time.
  • At times, I will use not only the photo on the sister blog but also some words from the entry
  • Comments and suggestions are encouraged. If there is a particular meal you'd be interested in seeing in a story, send me an email and let me know. 
  • Photo submissions are also encouraged. If there is a meal you've created that you'd like me to write a story about, please send it to me in an email with an attachment and brief description of the food.
What I hope to accomplish:
  • Successfully obtain my goal of combining my writing with food
  • Challenge myself to write on a regular basis, not only when required for class
  • Write about not only the food I love - but the food others enjoy 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great, Rose! I'm really excited to read your stories - and I think it's wonderful that you will be doing some fiction pieces. I know one of my lifetime goals is to write a fiction book, so I am anxiously awaiting your creative work!